Our Stoney Acres is quickly growing to be one of the top sources for gardening information on the web. With over 1 million page views in 2017 we are poised to average over 100,000 page views per month in 2018. And you can be a part of the action!
We will be accepting guest posts in 2018 to help fill in some of the knowledge gaps on the site. I will be the first to admit that I don’t know everything there is to know about gardening. There are several topics where my knowledge is weak. Particularly with crops that we either don’t like or can’t grow in our area. I never feel good about faking it, so I have never written posts on these topics. But this year I would like to add some content on a variety of topics.
This is where you come in!! I have a list of topics below that I would like to have guest posts on. Please take a look at the list, I’m looking for folks that are experts in this area. If you don’t have experience with the topic please don’t apply to write about it.
Growing Blue Berries
Growing Sweet Potatoes
Monthly Planting Guides for Zones 3-4, Zone 8, Zone 9, Zone 10
Growing Vegetables in a HOT Climate (my intent here is someone really hot like Arizona)
Balcony Container Gardening (this would be from someone living in and apartment)
This list will change, so check back often. Right now I can only accept one guest post per month.
What is required?
- The post needs to be at least 700 words.
- You need to demonstrated experience (not just book knowledge) of the topic
- I need at least 3 original photos, you agree that I have the right to use these photos for any purpose related to the promotion of the post. The photos will be attributed to you in the post but I can used them on social media without attributing them to you. You are not giving up the right to use these photos on your own site.
- I need a brief (no more than 100 words) bio for you and I can include a small photo if you like.
- You agree that you will not use this exact post on your site. I understand you may write about the same topic, but please do not just post the same article on your site.
What’s in it for you?
- All guest writers will be paid $30 for up to 800 words. If your topic requires more than that we can negotiate a higher prices if needed.
- The article will start out with an attribution to you, that will include a link to the home page of your website.
- The article will end with a quick bio of you and include another link to the home page of your blog.
- You will also be allowed one link out to your website to a related (but not identical) post on your site. So for example, if you are writing and article on growing blueberries for me and you have a post on growing blueberries in pots, you could use that link.
- What if this post goes Viral?? If your post happens to do really well for my site I want you to be able to benefit. So I have designed a bonus system to encourage you to give me your best stuff!! The bonus system only applies to the first 3 months the post is live on the site. If this post receives more than 30,000 page views (as per my google analytics account) you will receive a $10 bonus. And for each 10,000 page views beyond 30,000 you will receive another $10. So lets say your post receives 60,000 page views in the first 3 months it is live. You would receive and extra $40. $10 for hitting 30k and $10 for each 10k after that!!
- As stated above you will receive one link to a specific post on your site (this cannot be an affiliate link of any kind). You agree that any other links within the post will go to posts on Our Stoney Acres. I also have the right to modify your post slightly if needed to include links to my posts.
- Our Stoney Acres has the right to include affiliate links (Amazon and others) inside the post.
- Do you sell a product, course, book or e-book related to the post you are writing? Let me know and we can include a link to that item in the post. You agree that the link must be an affiliate link with Our Stoney Acres being the affiliate. Also the post cannot just be an advertisement for you product. It should be an informative post that stands on its own.
- I’ve never really done guest posts before on my site. So I reserve the right to adjust my guest posting policy as I get more experience with my guest posters.
I know a lot of bloggers, and I’m sure I will have multiple requests for topics. So if there is a topic you would like to write about please email me first. I will review all requests and determine who I want to write on the topic. If you are interested in joining me as a writer please email me with the topic you are interested in, a brief explanation as to why you would be a good choice to write on that topic and be sure to include a link to your website so I can see more of your work.
Email me at email@example.com